Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Novena Day 8

This Christmas Novena is found at the "America needs Fatima" website. The presentation here is slightly different to that on the site but it is otherwise the same.

The intentions in the prayer are my own and given that you are currently on this page, i'd be grateful if you prayed for those too, yet DO add and pray your own intentions as well!
Novena Day 8:

Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment
at which the Son of God was born
of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight
in Bethlehem in the piercing cold.
At that hour vouchsafe,
I beseech You to hear my prayers
and grant my requests:
That we may all draw near to You
strengthened to receive your mercy,
that our lives may be filled with hope, peace and joy.
That we may all believe in Your love for us
and may trust in You – no matter how hard it gets.
That those who cry or feel alone
may know that You are with them.
Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother,
Amen.

Jesus, my Saviour, what are all the treasures of this world compared to You and Your love for me? When I consider how, for love of me, You were born in a stable and spent thirty years of Your life hidden and unknown in a poor workshop I can only pray and desire to renounce worldly riches and sinful desires so that i may one day be able to enjoy Your companionship in heaven.

Infant Jesus help me!
Mary my hope, refuge of sinners - pray to Jesus for me!
Prayer/Reflection:
O Jesus, my Saviour! When I consider how, for love of me, You spent thirty years of Your life hidden and unknown in a poor workshop, how can I desire the pleasures and honors and riches of the world? Gladly do I renounce all these things, since I wish to be Your companion on this earth, poor as You were, mortified and humble as You were, so that I may hope to be able one day to enjoy Your companionship in heaven.

What are all the treasures and kingdoms of this world? You, O Jesus, are my Only Treasure, my Only Good!

I keenly regret the many times in the past when I spurned Your friendship in order to satisfy my foolish whims. I am sorry for them with all my heart.

For the future I would rather lose my life a thousand times than lose Your grace by sin. I wish never to offend You again, but always to love You. Help me to be faithful to You until death.

O Mary, You are the refuge of sinners, You are my hope - please pray for me! Amen.
Lord Jesus you are my Only Treasure, my Only Good. I regret the many times in the past when I have sinned and offended You. I am sorry with all my heart - let me now love and serve You!
Infant Jesus help me!
Mary my hope, refuge of sinners - pray to Jesus for me!
Thank you to the people at the "America needs Fatima" website for sharing this Novena.

------

i think this you tube is great:


Note: The Icon above the prayer, was written by Kiko Arguello, founder of the Neo-Cathecumenal Way. Mary and Jesus are often portrayed looking to the right but Arguello presents Mary and Jesus looking to the left. The left is considered the place where sinners are. Mary and Jesus look to each one of us who needs God’s mercy – Mary our hope leads us to Jesus, Jesus our Lord fills us with His mercy. :-)

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!