Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Novena Day 5

This Christmas Novena is found at the "America needs Fatima" website. The presentation here is slightly different to that on the site but it is otherwise the same.

The intentions in the prayer are my own and given that you are currently on this page, i'd be grateful if you prayed for those too, yet DO add and pray your own intentions as well!
Novena Day 5:
Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment
at which the Son of God was born
of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight
in Bethlehem in the piercing cold.
At that hour vouchsafe,
I beseech You to hear my prayers
and grant my requests:
That we may all draw near to You
strengthened to receive your mercy,
that our lives may be filled with hope, peace and joy.

That we may all believe in Your love for us
and may trust in You – no matter how hard it gets.
That those who cry or feel alone
may know that You are with them.

Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother,
Amen.

Lord, I feel a great desire to love You and since it is You who has given me this desire, give me O God the strength to love You exceedingly.
Lord, always remind me of the love You borne for me so that my soul may ever burn with love of You and long to please You alone!

Prayer/Reflection:

O Jesus, my sweet Love! I too have kept You suffering through all Your life. Tell me, then, what I must do in order to win Your forgiveness. I am ready to do all You ask of me.
I am sorry, O Sovereign Good, for all the offenses I have committed against You. I love You more than myself, or a least I feel a great desire to love You. Since it is You who has given me this desire, give me O God the strength to love You exceedingly. It is only right that I, who have offended You so much, should love You very much.
Always remind me of the love You have borne me, in order that my soul may ever burn with love of You and long to please You alone.
O God of love, I, who was once a slave of hell, now give myself all to You. Graciously accept me and bind me to You with the bonds of Your love. My Jesus, from this day and forever in loving You will I live, and in loving You will I die.
O Mary, my Mother and my hope, help me to love Your dear God and mine. This is the only favor I ask of you, and through you I hope to receive it, Amen.

My Jesus, I give you my all, bind me to You! Always remind me of the love you borne for me so that my soul may ever burn for love of You and strive to please You alone.
My Jesus from this day forth I want to love with all my heart. Mary, my Mother and my hope help me to love Your dear God and mine.
Thank you to the people at the "America needs Fatima" website for sharing this Novena.

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!