Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Novena Day 2

This below is the 2nd Day of the Christmas Novena found at the "America needs Fatima" website. The presentation here is slightly different to that on the site but it is otherwise the same.

The intentions in the prayer are my own and given that you are currently on this page, i'd be grateful if you prayed for those too BUT add and pray your own intentions too!

Novena Day 2:


Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment
at which the Son of God was born
of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight
in Bethlehem in the piercing cold.

At that hour vouchsafe,
I beseech You to hear my prayers
and grant my requests:

That we may all draw near to You
strengthened to receive your mercy,
that our lives may be filled with hope, peace and joy.

That we may all believe in Your love for us
and may trust in You – no matter how hard it gets.

That those who cry or feel alone
may know that You are with them.

Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother,
Amen.
Oh dearest Infant! Tell me, what have You come on earth to do? Tell me, whom are you seeking?
Ah You have come to seek me, the lost sheep, so that, instead of fleeing from You any more, I may rest in Your loving arms! Oh my Jesus, my treasure, my life, my love and my all! Whom will I love, if not You?

Prayer/reflection:

O Dearest Infant! Tell me, what have You come on earth to do? Tell me, whom are You seeking?Yes, I already know. You have come to die for me, in order to save me from hell. You have come to seek me, the lost sheep, so that, instead of fleeing from You any more, I may rest in Your loving arms. Ah my Jesus, my treasure, my life, my love and my all! Whom will I love, if not You? Where can I find a father, a friend, a spouse more loving and lovable than You are?
I love You, my dear God; I love You, my only good.
I regret the many years when I have not loved You, but rather spurned and offended You. Forgive me, O my beloved Redeemer; for I am sorry that I have thus treated You, and I regret it with all my heart.
Pardon me, and give me the grace never more to withdraw from You, but constantly to love You in all the years that still lie before me in this life. My love, I give myself entirely to You; accept me, and do not reject me as I deserve.
O Mary, You are my advocate. By thy prayers You do obtain whatever You want from Your Son. Pray Him then to forgive me, and to grant me holy perseverance until death. Amen.
You have come to seek me, the lost sheep, so that, instead of fleeing from You any more, I may rest in Your loving arms!
Oh my Jesus, give me the grace never more to withdraw from You, but constantly to love You in all the years that still lie before me in this life.

Thank you to the people at the "America needs Fatima" website for sharing this Novena.

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!