Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Novena Day 4

This Christmas Novena is found at the "America needs Fatima" website. The presentation here is slightly different to that on the site but it is otherwise the same.

The intentions in the prayer are my own and given that you are currently on this page, i'd be grateful if you prayed for those too, yet DO add and pray your own intentions as well!
Novena Day 4:

Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment
at which the Son of God was born
of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight
in Bethlehem in the piercing cold.
At that hour vouchsafe,
I beseech You to hear my prayers
and grant my requests:
That we may all draw near to You
strengthened to receive your mercy,
that our lives may be filled with hope, peace and joy.
That we may all believe in Your love for us
and may trust in You – no matter how hard it gets.
That those who cry or feel alone
may know that You are with them.
Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother,
Amen.

Jesus, I am ashamed to appear before You, sinful as I am. Yet You have said that You will not cast away a contrite and humbled heart: do not drive me from Your presence, O Lord!
Jesus, who was despised for love of me, forgive me! I love You above every other good!
Prayer/Reflection:
O Dearest Savior, You have embraced so many outrages for love of me, yet I have not been able to bear one word of insult without at once being filled with resentful thought, I who have so often deserved to be trodden under foot by the demons in hell!
I am ashamed to appear before You, sinful and proud as I am. Yet do not drive me from Your presence, O Lord, even though that is what I deserve.
You have said that You will not cast away a contrite and humbled heart. I am sorry for the offenses I have committed against You. Forgive me, O Jesus. I do not want to offend You again.
For love of me, You have borne so many injuries! For love of You I want to bear all the injuries that are done to me.
I love You, Jesus, who was despised for love of me. I love You above every other good. Give me the grace to love You always and to bear every insult for love of You.O Mary, recommend me to Your Son; pray to Jesus for me.
Amen.
Jesus, I am sorry for the offenses I have committed against You. Forgive me, I do not want to offend You again.
Jesus, who was despised for love of me, I love You above every other good! Lord, give me the grace to love You always, Mary recommend me to your Son; pray to Jesus for me!

Thank you to the people at the "America needs Fatima" website for sharing this Novena.

*some text slightly changed eg: "i will not offend You" has been changed to "i do not want to offend you" because in my case (as probably with many of us) i WILL offend God but i do not want to so....

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!