Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Novena Day 7

This Christmas Novena is found at the "America needs Fatima" website. The presentation here is slightly different to that on the site but it is otherwise the same.

The intentions in the prayer are my own and given that you are currently on this page, i'd be grateful if you prayed for those too, yet DO add and pray your own intentions as well!
Novena Day 7:
Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment
at which the Son of God was born
of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight
in Bethlehem in the piercing cold.
At that hour vouchsafe,
I beseech You to hear my prayers
and grant my requests:
That we may all draw near to You
strengthened to receive your mercy,
that our lives may be filled with hope, peace and joy.
That we may all believe in Your love for us
and may trust in You – no matter how hard it gets.
That those who cry or feel alone
may know that You are with them.
Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother,
Amen.

Dear Infant Jesus, crying so bitterly, do not cry any longer. Yes I have persecuted you through my sins and yes I still do but now I long to love you. I want to love you dear Infant. Give me strength so that I may resist temptations and keep you forever in my heart.
Mary my hope pray to Jesus for me - that i may live serving and loving Him in all the remaining days and years of my life.
Prayer/Reflection:
Dear Infant Jesus, crying so bitterly! Well have You reason to weep in seeing Yourself persecuted by men whom You love so much.

I, too, O God, have once persecuted You by my sins [i still do because i still sin actually] but You know that now I love You more than myself, and that nothing pains me more than the thought that I have so often spurned You, my Sovereign Good.

Forgive me, O Jesus, and let me keep You with me in my heart in all the rest of the journey that I have still to make through life, so that together with You I may enter into eternity.

So often have I driven You from my soul by my sins but now I love You above all things, and I regret above other misfortunes that I have offended You.

I wish to leave You no more, my beloved Lord. Give me the strength to resist temptations. Never permit me to be separated from You again. Let me rather die than ever again lose Your good grace. (i'm not too sure about that: my prayer is that if and when i DO lose God's Grace - because i would have put it aside or refused it - then God will bring me back again to It - He has FULL PERMISSION to do so :-)
O Mary my hope, make me always live in God's love and then die in loving Him. Amen.
Dear Infant Jesus, do not cry any longer. I long to love you. I want to love you dear Infant. Give me strength so that I may resist temptations and keep you forever in my heart.
Mary, my hope pray to Jesus for me - that I may live serving and loving Him in all the remaining days and years of my life.
Thank you to the people at the "America needs Fatima" website for sharing this Novena.

-----

This below is a traditional Maltese Christmas Carol which says: "Sleep and do not cry baby Jesus..."



If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!