Friday, October 17, 2008

Predestination and a Ticket ;-)


"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory." (Ephesians 1:11,12)

That was part of today’s Mass Reading and, given that I am generally quite attentive to the same, I could not possibly miss the terms ‘chosen’ and ‘predestined’. Mass went on and I was not too bothered about the reading …but now, that I have come to (again) write, the same terms repeat themselves…

(sometimes I think I’m getting addicted to writing onto this blog …and maybe I am (I hope not though) …yet it has been/is a means to make me sit down and think a little (more) upon the Word of God …so I’m glad and thankful for that :-)

-----------

“Do you believe in predestination, ruth?”

…a friend has put forward that question quite a few times.

Well the same friend received an answer then :-)
…yet I’d be glad to think about it again …and hence I am :-)

-----------

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory." (Ephesians 1:11,12)

Ruth it says right there, in the Bible!!!!
“P-R-E-D-E-S-T-I-N-E-D” “C-H-O-S-E-N”
…you MUST believe in that!!!
(well Thank God he was not so rough
…I’m just making his point clearer! ;-)

YES I do BUT I am not taking predestination out of context ;-).

------------

I believe in predestination as God meant it and as the Holy Word explains. I DO NOT believe in the calvin (or any similar protestant idea) of the same terms. (No offence to the people part of these 'churches' …though I’m VERY GLAD to contradict those stupidbecause they are false teachings)

Ruth who do you think you are?!?!
…to condradict these teachings?!?!??!
No one! …just ruth!
No one important and yet someone who has been blessed to know the Truth. Not because I deserve to know the Truth …but simply because God in his BIG and INFINATE Mercy has chosen to bless me …as he blesses each of us who allows Him to ;-)

So I’ll carry on contradicting the FALSE ideas about predestination
…presenting instead the TRUE FACTS about it ;-)

-----------
I have been told that people, even before they are born are predestined to go to Hell! …that some people are actually created to GO to Hell!!!!!!

What?!?!?!?!!??!??!

Am I to believe that God, GOD who is Himself Love (1 John 4:8) would do that?!
That God, GOD who is Love would actually create people …just that they can go to Hell?!?!?!
…am I expected to believe that?!?!?! …well if I am then sorry …I won’t
…it’s just NOT TRUE!!!

-----------
How could God who is Love create people simply that they may go to Hell?! Worse still how could God, GOD who is LOVE, predestine them Himself to go to Hell?!?!?!?!?

…that makes NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!!


if God did that then
He would NOT be a Loving God at all!!!!!

…can you imagine a ‘loving’ parent, co-operating with God to bring a new life into the world, …simply to hate that life and make it miserable?! What kind of ‘loving’ parent would that be?!?!?!?!?!!?

It simply CANNOT be!!!
It CANNOT BE that GOD
who is LOVE
creates and predestines someone
to go to Hell!!

And God is Just.
(Isiah 45:19)

Would it be ‘just’ of Him to choose and predestine some for Hell?!?!

…NO WAY!!!
And NO WAY does God (who is Loving and Just) do that!

-----------

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory." (Ephesians 1:11,12)

Ruth, it says, right there in the Bible!! “chosen”!!
…some are chosen! Salvation is not for all!
-----------

YES we have been chosen …but in no way does that imply that not all are called to be Holy …that not all are called to be with Jesus in Heaven!

We are ALL chosen!
We are ALL called to be Holy!

God came for ALL man!
Jesus was nailed on the cross for ALL!
For me and you and ALL!!!!!!

Oh really ruth?!?!
Prove it!!!!!!!!
I can’t.
But God Can! ;-)

--------------

"For God so loved the world that
He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him
shall not perish but have eternal life."
(John 3:16)

…that (I would think) is the most quoted Bible verse and NO WHERE does it exclude anyone!

--------------
"For God so loved the world that
He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him
shall not perish but have eternal life."
(John 3:16)

That often quoted sentence excludes NO ONE!
On the contrary it actually includes EVERYONE!
"WHOEVER"
Not a few!
Not some!
"WHOEVER"
...ALL!
ALL are invited to believe!
ALL are called to be with Jesus forever!

------------

"For God so loved the world that
He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him
shall not perish but have eternal life."
(John 3:16)

Salvation is for ALL!!!
…for “whoever” longs for it AND and LIVES the Faith!
(James 2:14-25)
---------------

“Take heart! I have overcome the world!”
(John 16:33)

God has redeemed the world and I’ve been blessed with the Catholic Faith, the ONE, TRUE, HOLY, APOSTOLIC CHURCH OF CHRIST who BELIEVES and is FAITHFUL to JESUS AND HIS WORDS.

Hence
I’ve a ticket in my hand.
It’s a ticket to heaven
…yet it’s my choice.

(but should I choose to discard it let me not say it was because God ‘predestined’ me to go to Hell! …that would make me ONE VERY VERY VERY ... BIG LYER!!!) (however you spell that)
------------

(…I want to hold tight to this ticket by the way
and I ask that God may help me do that! :-)
-------------

Yes I believe in predestination …but ONLY in its true meaning!
That God has chosen and predestined us to be with Him forever!

I believe in Predestination as God meant it
and as the Holy Catholic Church proclaims it! ;-)
--------------
On a different note:
"I tell you the truth, unless a grain of wheat
falls into the ground and dies,
it remains alone; but if it dies,
it produces much grain."
(John 12:24)
It has been said that "the blood of the Martyrs is the seed of the Church" and i believe that :-). The Catholic Church today celebrates the feast of st.Ignatius of Antioch. He was part of the Early Church, taking his teachings directly form the Apostle and Evangelist John. ...and no he was not just christian for it was Ignatius himself who used the term Catholic to describe the Church ...and to make matters worse (for protestants ;-P) he was a Bishop too!!!! ...and here's the greatest part of it: st.Peter declared him Bishop!!!!!!!!!!!!! (YEAH he sure was Catholic!!!! ;-)
...and that quote up there?
That quote Jesus himself said and indeed st.Ignatius ...as many other Catholics... died like that grain! ...and when they did, the Church grew even bigger and stronger!!!!! :-)
St.Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, was martyred in Circus Maximus (Rome). He was devoured by lions ...and as he was he prayed that his life be like that grain that dies to produce more! ....For Jesus!!!! :-)
--------------

is a link to read his letters. :-)
------------
And a last word: to the friend who asked the question i quoted at the start, i am glad he did ...he has made me think and appreciate the Catholic faith better. Thank you! :-)

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!