Friday, June 19, 2009

Know Hope Christian!

“Take heart! It is I, do not be afraid”
(Mt 14:27)

The apostles had just been battling a storm and now they see Jesus but He looks like a ghost walking on the water and they don’t recognise Him.

I think we’re like them too sometimes – in a boat. Battling this and that, trying to keep afloat. And then, when Jesus approaches, we don’t always recognise Him – sometimes He just looks like an odd figure …a ghost.

Why would God come to us anyway?
What does He care about our ship?
Surely God has better things to do then bother Himself with me!

…but does He?
Each time someone needed help God would care:
When two blind beggars called,
God, moved by compassion, restored sight.
When Peter was about to sink,
God, taking hold of his hand, pulled him up.
When that Samaritan lady thirsted for acceptance,
God spoke with her and satisfied her thirst.
When Zacchaeus wanted to see Jesus,
God ate with Him, forgiving him.
When a lady was caught in adultery,
God forgave her telling her to “go and sin no more”.
When John was sad or simply wanted to be comforted,
God allowed Him to rest his head on His shoulder.
…Each time God saw someone in need He’d care to bring hope!

God calls us His children

He does the same with us!

The Apostles clearly did not recognise Jesus for He said to them: “It is I” …but even if they had not recognised Him by sight they most certainly would have recognised His voice for as Jesus had said: “My sheep know me!”

Maybe like the apostles I can’t always recognise Jesus but if I don’t, then let God allow me to listen to His voice that I may recognise Him.

Let me hear Him say:

“Take heart! It is I,
do not be afraid!”

(Mt 14:27)

And should I wonder who He is then let me hear Him say:

"I am the good shepherd.
The good shepherd gives
His life for the sheep. "
(Jn 10:11)


The Church is celebrating the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It is the feast of the gentlest of hearts and the feast of the most loving heart. It is the feast of that one heart which continues to love us – no matter what.

He keeps coming to our aid bothering, caring and loving. Welcoming us, gently saying:

"Come to me, all you who work hard and who carry heavy burdens and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Mt 11:28-30)

Let us believe for when we do, we know Christ and when we know Christ we know hope. And when we find it hard to believe let then our Guardian Angels remind us! Let them whisper:
Know Hope Christian!


HERE
is a most beautiful song by Matthew Baute.
(don't forget to press “play” when you get to the site ;-)

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!