Saturday, November 8, 2008

Plastic and/or Money


Many of us are using it on a daily basis yet if st.Paul lived in our times I bet he would not even dream of having ...let alone using… plastic money! My reason for thinking so? Well:

"I have learnt to manage on whatever I have, I know how to be poor and I know how to be rich too. I have been through all kinds of conditions and now I am ready for anything anywhere: full stomach or empty stomach, poverty or plenty." (Philippians 4:11,12)

--------------
He seems quite flexible huh? ;-)

...and just in case I’m doubting st.Paul adds:

"There is nothing I cannot master with the help
of the One who gives me strength.”
(Philippians 4:13)

------------

Wow! St.Paul sure can adapt!!!!
And Boy he seems SOOO confident!!!!

…but how?
…Why?

"There is nothing I cannot master with the help
of the One who gives me strength.”
(Philippians 4:13)

Well here’s the “how and why” ;-)

“...with the help of the one
who gives me strength."
(Philippians 4:13)

------------

"

Just as Jesus was setting out on his jour­ney again, a man ran up, knelt before him and asked, “Good Master, what must I do to have eternal life?”

Jesus answered, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: Do not kill, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not cheat, honor your father and mother.”
The man replied, “I have obeyed all these commandments since my childhood.”

Then Jesus looked steadily at him and loved him and he said, “For you, one thing is lacking. Go, sell what you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come and follow me.”
On hearing these words, his face fell and he went away sorrowful for he was a man of great wealth.

"
(Mark 10:17-22)

-----------

On another occasion, and as we have read and/or heard in today’s Gospel, Jesus said:

'No servant can be the slave of two masters: he will either hate the first and love the second, or treat the first with respect and the second with scorn. You cannot be the slave both of God and of money.' (Luke 16:13)

------------

Well SURE money is important!
Yet if I got money I am expected to use it well :-)

…If I have money let me share it with thise who have less of it
...let me share it with those who need it more :-)
...THAT is justice!!!!

------------

“...give...
...to the poor...”
(Mark 10:21)

…well perhaps we do not much like to do that but in truth and as st.Francis said:

"it is in giving that we receive!" :-)

-------------

…i'm sure we've all given gifts at one time or another :-) …and well, if we are giving a gift, I guess the money must come out of our pockets ;-) …yet we don’t usually mind that much! …and even if we did mind that, when we see our friends or relatives happy with the gift we have given them we feel soooooo glad!!!!!!!!
We’d think to ourselves that “Oh well what do I care if i have spent the money? ...What do i care if it was a little expensive? Look how happy she is!! …Look how happy he is!!!!" We KNOW it was worth it! Deep down we’re so very glad to have given!
For indeed "there is more joy in
giving than in receiving" !!!


-----------

If I have money let me use it well for as Jesus said:

"The man who can be trusted in little things can be trusted in great; the man who is dishonest in little things will be dishonest in great." (Luke 16:10)

:-)

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!