Sunday, November 9, 2008

“Il-Ħeġġa għal Darek KILITNI”!!!! (Jn 2:17)

Versions for this sentence vary. In Maltese we have two terms being used: “fnietni” (consumes me) and “kilitni” (devours me).

Likewise in English:

"Zeal for your house will consume me."
(Jn 2:17, New American Bible)

“Zeal for your house devours me.”
(Jn 2:17, Christian Community Bible (Catholic Pastoral Edition))

…is there a difference?
Well I’m not sure…
…but if you ask me?...

BOTH terms are hardly pleasant!!

“fnietni” (consumes me) – ouch! It almost hurts!!!
When something “consumes me” it hurts …it drains all my energy!!!

“kilitni” (devours me) – ouch ouch!!!! That SURE hurts!!!
The Maltese term I should think is MUCH stronger than the English tem! It practically links “consumes” and “devours” taking the meaning of devoured me “from the inside”!

"Zeal" remains unchanged.

…and I guess we all know what zeal is :-)
…I think I’d define it as something like: BIG enthusiasm, a deep longing, a very very VERY strong fervour… and because it is "zeal" …all that takes HOLY before it :-) …a Holy BIG enthusiasm, a Holy deep longing. ...well fervour is holy already I would say :-)

-----------

Il-Ħeġġa għal Darek kilitni”!!!!
(Jn 2:17)

...why am I going into these details?
Because words have meaning!
And THESE words are EXTREMELY strong!!!
"
Zeal for Your House devours me!
"
(Jn 2:17)
…Yes it Does!
If I truly love God it sure does!!!

Why?
Why does it “devour” me?!

Salm 42:1 reads:
“As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So my soul pants for You, O God.”
(You can listen to a sung version of this line:
If I TRULY love God than YES! My heart will yearn! My heart will long!
My heart will long to worship! AND My heart will sure long to be with Him who loves me so!

------------


While they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them. And he said, "Take this, it is my body." Then he took a cup and after he had given thanks, passed it to them and they all drank from it. And he said, "This is my blood, the blood of the Covenant, which is to be poured out for you." (Mark 14:22-24)

God has given us Himself! YES I BELIEVE that Jesus is truly Present with Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Most Holy Eucharist!

Precisely because God IS present in such a way, precisely BECAUSE God still comes to us in the Most Holy Eucharist, God STILL dwells amongst us in the most real way ever! (hence the “Real Presence” ;-)

God is Present in the Holy Bread! ...and this Holy Bread is found in the Tabernacle!
Yeah well God does not leave Heaven to come dwell in the Tabernacle but rather to dwell in our hearts. ...YET God IS Truly Present in the Catholic Church! …not just the Catholic Church as in the Catholic Family but ALSO in the Catholic Church as in the stone structure. …For the Holy Eucharist is found in our Tabernacles!

----------

“Il-Ħeġġa għal Darek kilitni!”!!!! (Jn 2:17)
“Zeal for Your House devours me!” (Jn 2:17)

…if I truly love God then it SURE does!!!!!!!

-----------

David prayed:
(PSALM 84)

1I want to see the living God.
The joy of the pilgrimage
and of going up to the Temple.
2 How lovely are your rooms,*
O Lord of hosts!

3 My soul yearns, pines,
for the courts of the Lord.
My heart and my flesh
cry out for the living God.
4 Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest
where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O Lord of hosts,
my King and my God!
5 Happy are those who live in your house,
continually singing your praise!
6 Happy the pilgrims whom you strengthen,
to make the ascent to you.
7 As they pass through the Valley,
they make it a place of springs,
the early rain covers it with blessings.
8 They go from strength to strength
till they appear before God in Zion.
9 O Lord of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O God of Jacob!
10 Look upon our shield, O God;
look upon the face of your anointed!
11 One day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be left at the threshold
in the house of my God
than to dwell in the tents of the wicked.
12 For the Lord God is a sun and a shield;
he bestows favor and glory.
The Lord withholds no good thing
from those who walk in uprightness.
13 O Lord of hosts,
blessed are those who trust in you.


Here’s a sung version:
-----------
I’d like this to be my prayer too!
…yet is it?

Am I yearning to be with God?
Does the Zeal for God’s house consume me?
Does the Zeal for God’s house devour me?

…if it doesn’t do so yet then I pray that it shall!!!!!

-----------

* I’m not sure about the word “rooms” we use “id-dar tiegħek” (your dwelling place) in Maltese.
Maltese is a very strong language and I’d rather have put this up in it. Yet the Christian Community Bible (Catholic Pastoral Edition) is very close to the Maltese Translation and hence its just great! (well for me, being Maltese, it sure is!) This Bible has as its Imprimatur the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines.
-----------

God dwells in those who choose to welcome Him :-)

"Do you not know that your body is
a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
whom you have received from God?" (1 Cor 6:19)

Mary was definately the
FIRST TABERNACLE!!
and the linked song proclaims this truth:

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!