Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Novena Day 8

Novena Day 8:


 
Jesus, my Saviour, what are all the treasures of this world compared to You and Your love for me? When I consider how, for love of me, You were born in a stable and spent thirty years of Your life hidden and unknown in a poor workshop I can only pray and desire to renounce worldly riches and sinful desires so that i may one day be able to enjoy Your companionship in heaven.
 
Infant Jesus help me!
Mary my hope, refuge of sinners - pray to Jesus for me!
 
 
Prayer/Reflection:
O Jesus, my Saviour! When I consider how, for love of me, You spent thirty years of Your life hidden and unknown in a poor workshop, how can I desire the pleasures and honors and riches of the world? Gladly do I renounce all these things, since I wish to be Your companion on this earth, poor as You were, mortified and humble as You were, so that I may hope to be able one day to enjoy Your companionship in heaven.
 
What are all the treasures and kingdoms of this world? You, O Jesus, are my Only Treasure, my Only Good!
 
I keenly regret the many times in the past when I spurned Your friendship in order to satisfy my foolish whims. I am sorry for them with all my heart.
 
For the future I would rather lose my life a thousand times than lose Your grace by sin. I wish never to offend You again, but always to love You. Help me to be faithful to You until death.
 
O Mary, You are the refuge of sinners, You are my hope - please pray for me!

Amen.


Lord Jesus you are my Only Treasure, my Only Good. I regret the many times in the past when I have sinned and offended You. I am sorry with all my heart - let me now love and serve You!

Infant Jesus help me!
Mary my hope, refuge of sinners - pray to Jesus for me!
 
 

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!

If you're pro-life you GOT TO do this!
Click the picture to go to the page and to like it: your like counts!